Day 16: A Beautiful Prayer

A prayer that I loved from Mass today. 

RESPONSORIAL LITANY
Bishop John Stowe

But we also need to listen very carefully to the voice of Jesus who says: 

"When I picked and prepared your food, you watched me be handcuffed and put into a van." 

"When I grew the plants you will use in your yard, you allowed me to be detained far from where I lived and worked." 

"When I served you at table, you didn't know that I went home in fear that I might be shipped along the way or that my spouse wouldn't come home at all." 

"When I ran away from an abusive spouse, or protected my kids from gangs on our street, you turned me away from your border." 

"When I was five years old and separated from my parents, you accused me of being MS-13 or an actor." 

"When I sat next to you in class, you said 'go back where you came from' and insulted my accent, my skin color, my way of being." 

"When I was a child and woke up crying for my mom, you didn't comfort me, much less help me find her." 

"When I came to do the work you advertised, you categorized me with rapists and drug dealers." 

"When I tried to call my precious child, you connected me to a bureaucracy with no answers." 

"My Son of Man, coming in glory and surrounded by angels, is seated upon his glorious throne-- but that throne is a thin mattress in a tent surrounded by a chain link fence." 


(A lake where all the volunteers had a picnic at sunset.) 

Comments

  1. I agree that it is a beautiful prayer. Thanks for ahsaring.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Day 62: What Gets Me Through the Day?

Day 51: If You Could Describe the Shelter in a Sentence...

Day 55: Survivors